Heading out to the woods soon? Hunting season is finally near, which means it's time to get those ducks and deer. Whether you're knee deep in leaves or hunkered down in a blind, keep your feet warm, dry and comfortable with our high-quality hunting socks so you can stay out there longer!
Our outdoor hunting socks range anywhere from crew to over the calf in length to protect you from the elements. Also featuring merino wool to keep your feet warm and padding to keep your feet comfortable, you'll be happy out there no matter what.
Socks made of merino wool and other synthetic fabrics are great for wicking moisture away from your feet, keeping them warm and dry. In fact, merino wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in water and still not feet wet!
Save some room for your feet in your boots! Many people think "the thicker, the better" when it comes to warm socks. However, that isn't always the case. It's all about the material. In fact, if you're wearing boots, you shouldn't wear socks that are too thick. If a thick sock causes enough pressure on the foot, it could cut off circulation to your toes, and you definitely don't want that. As a rule of thumb, you should make sure you have enough room to move and wiggle your toes comfortably in your socks and boots.
5 factors to consider when buying hunting socks:
- Durability is important when buying any type of sock, so don’t overlook it! You don’t want your new hunting socks to have holes after just one season, do you? Buy socks that last and last with our high-quality hunting socks from top-quality brands.
- Moisture management and anti-odor are great to look out for, especially if you’re going to be in boots walking out to your blind. Wearing socks made of merino wool will help keep your feet dry and odor-free with its moisture-wicking and antimicrobial properties so you don’t have to worry about taking your boots off at the end of the day.
- Warmth is probably the most important factor to consider when buying socks for cold-weather outdoor activities like hunting, and merino wool will work to keep your toes toasty! Ideally, socks should keep you warm for at least 10 hours, especially if you’re out in the snow, so don’t settle!
- Comfort is something you should NEVER sacrifice. Our hunting socks are made of merino wool and offer warmth and cushioning where you need it most so you can focus on the hunt instead of your feet!
- Price because you don’t want to break the bank! But you do want good socks, and you get what you pay for. All of our hunting socks are anywhere from $10-$30 but you can find some in our clearance section as well.
Best Socks for Hunting
Head out to the woods worry-free with our collection of high-quality hunting socks.
A true classic and a longtime favorite with serious hikers and everyday enthusiasts alike. Full Cushioning throughout this entire sock provides support and comfort without unwanted weight and bulk. Coveted for its dependability and comfort this sock has a smooth performance fit that you won't find in the other guy's full cushioned socks. No slipping, no bunching, no blisters. Fine gauge Merino Wool makes this a fast drying and breathable "all-weather" sock that stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter. And since Merino Wool is naturally antimicrobial this sock repels bacteria and odor—a great feature when you need to get an extra day (or two) out of your socks. Guaranteed for life.
This is Darn Tough's burliest hunting sock. When it's crazy cold, but you're still going out, this is your sock. This Sasquatch has extra heavy terry loop construction that protects the entire foot for maximum warmth. Over-the-Calf height keeps the elements at bay. Fine gauge knitting makes this Merino Wool hunting sock a true workhorse that’s supremely comfortable, breathable and fast drying. No slipping, No bunching. More stitches per inch ensures a foot-hugging fit. Less bulk. More comfort. Darn Tough's Zero Friction Heel eliminates blisters. Guaranteed for life.
Face it, socks can bring good luck. So camo all the way down to your toes makes perfect sense. The Hunt Medium Camo Crew injects luck into your sock drawer. These are hunt-ready, boot-ready, stay-in-place-ready socks to keep you comfortable and distraction free.
You don’t sneak up on anything if you’re not light on your toes. Smartwool's PhD Hunt Light Crew makes it so. Light cushioning and 4 Degree elite fit system, which uses two elastics for greater stretch and quick recovery, keeps socks in place so you can stay stealth. The Achilles strap adds stability and protection. The Merino blend keeps a lid on odors.
Smartwool Men's PhD Hunt Heavy Over The Calf Socks (and Women) - $29.95
Smartwool's PhD Hunt Heavy OTC will hike for days. Heavy cushioning and a breathable, odor-resistant Merino blend make sure the freshness lasts. Smartwool's Indestructawool technology ensures durability and comfort, and their 4 Degree elite fit system keeps the socks right where you want them.
Wigwam Field Boot Sock - $12.00
The Wigwam Field Boot Knee High Socks are a heavy, thermal boot sock with full, terry cushioning to keep you comfy. The Field Boot socks are perfect for anything that requires high boots — hunting, cold-weather hiking and even job site applications. The heavy cushioning keeps the heat in and the comfort dialed up, while the Wonder-Wick moisture control system keeps the moisture out. A fortified heel and toe, along with a reverse toe closure, means you're getting well-built, long-lasting socks that will keep you on your game all day long.