Wondering which anti-blister socks work best to prevent blisters? Curious about why blisters form in the first place? We’re about to break it all down for you.
Blisters form between layers of the skin when it has been damaged by friction or rubbing and are more likely to occur in warmer conditions on moist skin. In general, socks that prevent blisters are seamless and made up of synthetic fabrics that keep feet cool and dry.
Protection and comfort are two things you should look for when choosing a sock, especially if you are an athlete. Blisters are a pain, and certain socks can provide the perfect layer of protection it takes to prevent them. We've rounded up the best socks to prevent blisters and the best sock brands with blister preventing technology. These socks are out there fighting blisters every day!
Anti Blister Socks, The Technologies:
- Stego's super soft Hydrotec Polyester fibers offer ultimate moisture wicking capabilities. WickLink Channels and vented top panel for added moisture control and breathability.
Try the Stego StrideTec Cushioned No Show Socks, an all-purpose, antimicrobial sock with premium, performance-based yarns offering maximum comfort and moisture wicking capabilities.
- Wrightsock’s Dri-Wright II (Polyester) system wicks moisture away from your feet, keeping them dry and comfortable.
Try the Coolmesh II Low Quarter Socks, lightweight, versatile socks for all activities - in a comfortable Mini-Crew cut.
- Wrightsock’s Double Layer Anti-Blister System reduces friction between your feet and shoes, eliminating blisters.
Try the Stride Quarter Socks. They provide the ideal crossbreed - a functional wool sock with lighter weight and reinforced footbed for added durability and resiliency, and perfect for trail running or lightweight hiking.
- Smartwool’s WOW™ technology in reinforced sole for maximum comfort and durability.
Try the Hiker Liner Crew Socks. Ultra-light, non-cushioned socks provide a close, lightweight fit that acts as your second skin to minimize friction and blisters.
- Darn Tough’s Coolmax yarns are exceptionally soft, durable, and quick drying, and their True Seamless construction reduces hotspots and blisters to keep your feet comfortable.
Try the Coolmax Vertex Ultralight Cushion No Show Tab Sock, available for both men and women.
- Drymax’s patented Blister Guard system and dual layer moisture removal system greatly reduce the risk of developing blisters.
Try the Maximum Protection Running Mini-Crew Socks to keep your feet warm and blister-free on your runs.
- Injinji toe socks offer proper toe alignment, as well as toe and blister protection.
Try the Sport Original Weight Micro Sock. It helps you harness the foot's natural mechanics resulting in a better tactile feel of your environment and a stronger sense of balance, enabling you to reach new levels of performance no matter your sport.
- Fox River’s Wick Dry technology removes moisture, reduces hot spots, and eliminates blisters.
Try the Wick Dry Triathlon Ankle Socks, designed to keep your feet protected, dry, and comfortable during the toughest workouts.
- Wigwam’s 2 in 1 patented sock and liner moves moisture from the inside out, keeping your feet dry.
Try the Rebel Fusion Quarter II Sock--keeps feet dry and blister free with a long-wearing heel and toe, foot-hugging fit and comfort, breathable mesh instep, and seamless toe closure.
- Seamless toe for seamfree comfort
- Heel tab to ensure that your socks stay in place
- Mesh ventilation panels for breathability
- Moisture management systems help keep feet dry
- Snug fits to prevent bunching or irritation
Anti Blister Socks: The Fabrics and Materials
Coolmax is a moisture-wicking technical fabric developed by DuPont in 1986. It is fade and shrink-resistant and is often combined with cotton, wool, or Spandex. Best used during extreme physical exertion and in combination with other materials to provide warmth.
Nylon is a lightweight polymer fabric that is extremely strong, easy to clean, and resistant to heat and water, meaning there’s a decreased chance for blisters to form!
Polyester is a synthetic fabric that is quick drying, strong whether wet or dry, wrinkle resistant and easy to clean. It is more breathable and absorbent than nylon.
Merino Wool is an exceptionally soft, durable natural fiber that keeps the body at an even temperature by insulating instead of trapping heat. Merino wool keeps you cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. Superior breathability and wicking properties prevent clamminess and blisters! The natural elasticity of wool fibers allows garments to stretch and then return to their original shape, preventing sagging, bagging, and irritations that can often lead to blisters.
Remember, blisters thrive in warm and wet environments, so the cooler and dryer you can get your feet, the better. If you’re experiencing a constant problem with sweaty feet, there’s a sock for that too!
You may also be interested in: