You can’t get through the day without socks and shoes that fit!
There’s nothing more annoying than a sock bunching up and sliding into your shoe. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it can also cause painful blisters that we wouldn’t even wish on our worst enemies. Make sure your socks (and shoes) fit properly so you can get through your day problem-free.
Both shoes and socks have one job: to protect your feet. Without them, your feet will be worn, torn, and beaten. Protect your feet and keep them comfortable with shoes and socks that fit.
As a general rule, your socks shouldn’t be too big, too small, or too thick.
- Socks that are too big tend to bunch up
- Socks that are too small tend to slide off
- Socks that are too thick can cause discomfort in your shoe
Instead, you want to make sure you have fitted socks that will stay in place.
When walking or running, your feet tend to expand, elongate and flatten out with each step and return to their original size and shape when resting. The same happens to your socks, which tend to stretch out and become ill-fitting after a day’s wear. Luckily, we stock well-designed high-quality socks that return to their normal shape, help protect your feet, and keep them comfortable as they move in your shoes.
What To Look For:
- Socks should be cushioned, but not too cushioned where it affects the thickness or feeling in your shoe.
- Merino wool socks are better than cotton socks. Soft, warm, breathable and moisture wicking. Can hold up to 30% of its own weight in water without feeling wet!
- Socks without seams are best because seams often irritate toes. If you do wear socks with seams, we recommend positioning the seam before putting on your shoes and try not to wear shoes that will rub your toes and cause discomfort or irritation in that area.
Your shoe’s job is to not only further protect your feet, but also protect your socks. If you have high-quality socks, you want to make sure you take care of them properly, as they come at a higher price (but last longer) than your regular old baggy cotton socks.
Pro Tip 1: You should break in new shoes slowly and try on shoes wearing the socks you will typically be wearing with them to ensure a good and comfortable fit.
Pro Tip 2: You should always have room to wiggle your toes in your shoes and socks.
No matter what, we want your feet to be comfortable, happy, and healthy! Try using our Sock Finder to narrow your search and get the perfect socks for you!